CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 26, 2012

Hate Halloween!

     I have to say that Halloween is my least favorite holiday. Hate it, can't stand it, its only redeeming factor is the candy. I eat my own because I buy the best stuff. Since my kids were little it has always been a battle.
     Two weeks before Halloween.
     Me: "What do you want to be for Halloween?"
     Them: "I don't know?"
     Me: "How about this, or that, or maybe this?"
     Them: "No, I don't want to be any of those things."
     Me: "You better decide because the costume parade at school is in two day."
     Them the night before: I want to be a little Mermaid and I want to to make a costume just like Jenn's mom made for her."
     Me: "I can't make a costume in one day. You're going to have to be something here. Like a dead soccer player, or a zombie cheerleader."
     Them: "Noooooo, I don't want to be that. Let's go buy a costume."
     Me: "There aren't any good ones left because you waited too long."
    We run all over town trying to find what I knew wouldn't be there anyway.
     Them: "I don't want to be a fifties girl."
      Me: "but I just spent a fortune on the skirt."
      Them: "I'm just going to be a dead cheerleader."
      Me: "I hate Halloween."
      If it weren't for the candy, I'd cancel Halloween all together.
     

3 comments:

  1. Not to mention my little kids get terrified and start having nightmares too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have that problem anymore. And Logan decides on November first what his costume will be for the next year!!!

    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And with all those kids, I can see your point.
    My kids recall having lame costumes. We were poor--very poor.
    They laugh about it now.

    Halloween hurts for other reasons.
    Hugs and hang in.

    ReplyDelete