CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

What is Going on Here?

     Do you ever wonder what the heck is wrong with people? Everyday it seems that the world gets a little bit more cynical, uncaring and inhuman. First the little girl in Colorado disappears on her way to school and now another little girl is killed in New Jersey for bike parts. A man waiting for his father to shop in California is set on fire by a stranger. What is up with that?
     I know that random acts of violence have been going on since the beginning of time, but doesn't it seem like they are happening more and more? How is it we have lost our sense of compassion or empathy for our fellow man? What happened to the Golden Rule. Treat others as you want to be treated. I remember hearing that in school when I was little. How did we get so far from where we need to be?
     It makes me want to keep my children inside where they are safe, but that isn't realistic nor is it healthy, physically or emotionally.
     I have decided to try and do random acts of kindness for people whenever the opportunity arises. By doing this I hope my kids will see they have the power to make a difference for good in the world, even it is a small gesture. And I am going to sit down with them, when they least expect it, and talk about how we treat others. We need a change and it is going to have to start in our own homes.
    

2 comments:

  1. And someone broke into a home at night of a family of 5 in So. California and tried to kill them all. (that's exactly my family). It makes me SICK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are many sick people in this world and I think you have the medicine--love and kindness. People have grown numb to humanity. Their hearts have grown cold. Warming them up is all we can do.
    Thanks for the fine example you're setting for your kids, us and the change in the future.

    ReplyDelete