CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Dishes, Dishes Everywhere

     I like having a clean house, but I don't like to clean. Is this an oxymoron?  I ran my dishwasher three times today, three times.  I wish I had a quarter for every dish I have washed in my lifetime because I remember standing on a chair in the kitchen and washing dishes when I was about six. We were a family of five at that time. And we stayed a family of five.
     Then I got married a week after I graduated high school and before I knew it we were a family of five again, and then six, and then seven, and then eight, you get the drift.  Before I knew what happened it was just the twelve of us.  And someone was always hungry and they still are.  I feed them and feed them, but a few hours later these people all want to eat again. I even use paper plates and napkins, but it doesn't make a bit of difference there are still dishes that need to be done at all times.
     Several months ago I blogged about how my hubby has decided to help with the dishes and it has been great.  One of the biggest changes is now he uses paper plates when he had refused to use them for most of our married life. Why do you think that is? Maybe because it makes one more dish to wash.
     Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks?   

No comments:

Post a Comment