CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 22, 2011

It's The First Day Of School!

     It's August 22nd and the first day of school here in Utah. My boys are up, ready and bugging me to take them so they can hang out with all the friends they haven't seen all summer.  Thankfully, my boys are always early to school. They seem to enjoy it and it's a quick drop off and I'm on my way. That hasn't always been the case with some of the older kids.  I love this time of year, seeing the kids in their new school clothes and their excitement at going back to school. I love the smell of a new box of crayons and playdough. It feels like anything is possible.
    Here it is August 22nd and we have have finally lost the last little bit of snow in the crevices of the mountain. The ten day forecast on MSN goes to August 31. So tomorrow I will be seeing the September weather forecast. That means I have almost lived through another summer. Yayyy!!! Even if the days are still warm in September they are getting shorter, which means it's dark earlier and cooler at night.  I am looking forward to the time when I can open my windows at night and feel the cool air.  I can't wait for the leaves to start changing to their glorious shades of gold, orange and red. It will be great when folks start decorating for fall by putting out the pumpkins they have grown in their gardens all summer.
     It's a good thing to have all of this to look forward too, because today it is going to be 94 degrees. TOO HOT! Come on Autumn, I'm waiting for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment