CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Beef! It's What's For Dinner.

      Do you love bar-b-qued steak? We do. And I'm going to let you all in on a secret, a delicious secret. Smith's has their petite sirloin steaks on sale this week for $2.99. Why is this special you ask? I'll tell you. I buy the extra lean hamberger at Walmart for things like spaghetti, tacos and casseroles. I pay around $3.98 a pound. So $2.99 is a deal for sirloin. I would much rather eat steak than hamburger.
      I don't know if you all are keeping up on the expected inflation rates for beef, but they are saying that beef prices are going to go up due to the severe drought all over the country.
     I like to watch for these things because, well, we really like to eat around here. A lot. So, anything that threatens our bar-b-queing scares me. The last time these were on sale I bought over one hundred dollars worth of steaks.  For most of you that may be a years supply, but when your feeding over twenty people steaks a couple of times a month, they don't last long. So I'm hoping to stock up again.
     Now, if you go over to Smith's and start stocking up your freezers, remember that I haven't gotten there yet and leave me some. I think we may have steak for dinner. Yumm!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment