CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

What? Macaroni Salad For Dinner?!

     I'm in the middle of a dilemma. Is it morally and ethically okay to serve macaroni salad as a main dish? I want to say yes. After all it has ham, cheese and hard-boiled eggs in it. Those are all proteins, olives and celery serve as vegetables. The pasta is a carbohydrate and the mayo is an oil. It has every thing you need in one bowl.
     What do you think? I'm toying with the idea of making some this morning and serving it for dinner to night, but the hubby will be home tonight and I can already hear his reaction. (Thirty-two years of marriage does that to you, you know. You don't need to waste time in actual arguing because, as a wife, you can have a whole imaginary fight in your head. It's way more convenient because you always win and they are always wrong.)
     He going to say. "What? You can't just eat macaroni salad for dinner. You need meat. I know, lets bar-b-que some steaks to go with it. And we could have a salad and maybe some corn on the cob."
      This defeats the whole purpose of making macaroni salad early so you don't heat up the house and keeping it simple on a HOT summer night. He'll never get that though. He needs a "complete meal."
      I still may make macaroni salad, but I think I'll have a few extra's up my sleeve for the inevitable storm that even suggesting eating it as a main dish is going to cause.  I can hear the thunder now. :) 

1 comment:

  1. This will totally work if you give him the old stink eye first. Tell him you've got PMS and dare him to tell you it's not enough. When he opens his mouth, stick in a slice of bread.

    ReplyDelete