CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Gotta Love the A/C!

     This is my least favorite time of the year. The fourth of July is over and the heat is on. I may have mentioned that I don't like the heat. I like to be able to snuggle down under the covers at night to stay warm. That's why we sleep with the windows open even in January.
     The heat wave is not only uncomfortable it's expensive. I don't want to see my electric bill for next month. I may have to take out a small loan to pay for this summer's heat wave.
     I think we should get some kind of discount when the heat gets out of control like this. After all, it's not our fault the temperature is above normal.
     I don't know how the pioneers did it. How did they cook dinner is an un-airconditioned house and survive? How did they sleep at night? How did pregnant women and the elderly endure the heat? They must have been very hardy people. Hat's off to them. I couldn't do it.
     I love my A/C and wouldn't give it up for anything. If I can make it until September without melting I'll be thankful.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment