CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 30, 2012

Where's my Shovel

     I have so much on my plate today I need a shovel. My book is out and after today, maybe I'll be able to get a little sleep. Then again, maybe not. Releasing a book is a lot like having a newborn you want everyone to love him and after nine month and the pain and agony of giving birth you still don't get a good nights sleep.
     I'm flying down to Cali tomorrow to drive back with my daughter, her husband and their baby. They are moving here and I can't tell you how excited I am about that. What I'm not excited about is the flight. I am a white knuckle flier. I know you're thinking, "there's nothing to flying." It's not the flying, it's the crashing I worry about. So I have to prepare myself for that.
     And even though I'm only going to be gone for basically 36 hours I have to get everything ready on this end. That means food and cleaning and planning and nagging, at least at my house.
     I have the window washers coming today and it's my night to go and write with a friend. So if you see me today and I look stressed, well, I am.
     Now where is my shovel?

No comments:

Post a Comment