CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 16, 2012

My New Chicken Marinate Recipe.

     I made up a new recipe yesterday and I thought I would share it with you. It met all of my criteria. Which is, it was easy, it tasted good, it doesn't take expensive ingredients, and it was easy.
     I like to buy big family packs of chicken parts when they are on sale. You know like thighs, legs and breasts. The breasts are so versatile you can do just about anything with chicken breasts. Legs can be fun, but there isn't a whole lot of meat on them so I have to cook two family packs and that kind of kills the savings.
      I don't waste my time on wings. There just isn't enough good stuff on them to make it worth my time. Even when I do hot wings I do them with legs. I'm lazy I guess, I don't want to have to work that hard to get full.
     Thighs are one of my favs. The meat is tender and juicy and I love biting into the meaty part.
     So yesterday morning I had a family pack of thighs defrosted that I had to use. I decided I wanted to marinate them in something so I went into the kitchen and started pulling stuff out of my fridge. Here's what I used. All amounts are approximates since I didn't measure.
     I put the thighs meaty side down in a 9X13 glass pan.
      Soy sauce, about 1 1/2 cups.
      Teriyaki Sauce, 3/4 of a cup.
     Worchestershire sauce, 1/2 cup, we have a few Worchestershirer haters here so I didn't over do it.           
     Onion powder and garlic powder, sprinkled on top.I didn't even mix them together just dumped it all on top.
     Enough to go about 1/3 of the way up the chicken. Then I left for church.
     I had my daughter turn the chicken meaty side up and pop it all into a 350 degree oven for about 1 1/2 hours. I was going to drain the liquid but it got put in with it and was fine. It wasn't covered with foil and the skin was nice and crispy. It was delicious. Everyone loved it. That never happens here. If you try it let me know what you think. I would love your feedback.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds super easy! Might try it with breasts because Cj hates meat with bones so that's all we have. I'll let ya know what I think when I try it!

    ReplyDelete