CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 23, 2012

Sad Piano

     I was listening to a YouTube video yesterday. It was a beautiful piece of piano music and I was really enjoying it when my son said, "What the heck are you listening to. It's so sad it's making me depressed."
     I just laughed. Then he said, "Are you depressed or something. Why are you listening to that? Turn that off it's making me sad."
     I laughed some more and listened to the end after saying because, "it makes you sad so I can't listen to it?"
     He laughed and said, "Yes."
     The reason I kept laughing was because the piece was called Sad Piano.
      It's strange how music can affect your mood. There are certain songs that, when I hear them my mood will change instantly. Some songs you just can't help but sing along to. Some songs do make you sad. One of the saddest pieces of music I've ever heard is A Whiter Shade of Pale. It's an old piece but the instrumental version makes me want to cry.
    When I played that on YouTube my other son said, "Only people with seven cats would listen to that."
    I'm not quite sure what the seven cats has to do with it but it was a funny day.
    

1 comment: