CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Creamy Garlic Pasta

     I am always looking for new recipes because lets face it, after 32 years of marriage I get sick of my own stuff. Even if I've only cooked dinner 300 days out of 365 days a year that's 9,600 meals and that's just dinner. 
     Last night I tried a new Garlic Cream Sauce that I found on Pinterest and it was yummy. Its not thick like alfredo sauce. It's runnier but oh so delish. Here's the recipe and I have to say it was really easy and everyone loved it. Did you catch that EVERYONE loved it. That never happens here. I did cook the pasta separately and then ladled the sauce on top. I also sprinkled in dried parsley. I like to change things up. The sauce had a lot of flavor. Feel free to raid my Yumm board on Pinterest if you want to see the picture. 
    
Creamy Garlic Pasta
2 tsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp butter
¼  tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
3 cups chicken stock
½ lb spaghetti or angel hair pasta
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
¾ cup heavy cream
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
In a pot, bring the olive oil to medium-low heat. Add the garlic and stir, allowing it to cook for 1-2 minutes. Mix in the butter until melted. Add the salt, pepper and chicken stock. Raise the heat to high and let it come to a boil. 
Once it is at a rolling boil, add the pasta and cook for as long as the box’s directions indicate. Reduce the stove to medium heat and mix in the parmesan until completely melted. Turn off the heat and stir in the cream and parsley. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment