CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 19, 2012

On Communicating

     I got a new iphone a while back and I'm still trying to figure out how to use it, I'm embarrassed to say. However, I can say one thing for sure. I hate the auto correct feature that goes with texting. I may not be the worlds best speller but I'm pretty sure I know how to spell home and some. Auto correct likes to tell me that what I really mean is he and so.
     There are times when I have to go back and correct auto correct several times before it will let me fix my sentence so it is even legible. I hate that. It almost makes me want to just call the person and tell them what I'm trying to tell them. Almost.
     Cell phones and texting have changed our lives. I no longer have to go downstairs and tell my kids dinner is ready, I can call or text them. It is a lazy persons dream. 
     That's the best thing about texting, we as people, don't have to actually interact with other human beings unless we want to. Although there is a strong need for a sarcasm font and a joking font. It would save a lot of misunderstanding when communicating without voice inflection to tell you these things.
     Between e-mails, Facebook, and texting, we can spend almost our whole lives in serious non-communicative communication with the rest of the world. Who would have thought that possible twenty years ago.

1 comment:

  1. Hi S! A while ago I read a blog where the author posted a whole conversation where everything was changed with auto-correct. It was absolutely hilarious. I wish I could remember the blog to share it with you. Of course we can't laugh every time it happens, and I know it can get frustrating. Have fun fixing it!

    ReplyDelete